While we may think of cosmetic dentistry as a fairly recent development, it has actually been in practice for well over two thousand years. In fact, the ancient Etruscans were making dentures out of ivory and bone as early as 700 BCE. Obviously, the art and science of modern cosmetic dentistry has come a long, long way from those early days. When you see a dentist in Kansas City about cosmetic dentistry today, you’ll be getting something very different than you would have thousands of years ago.
What can you expect if you’re looking for cosmetic dentistry today? Here are a few interesting facts about cosmetic dentistry from your Kansas City dentist:
- Teeth whitening is the most requested cosmetic dental procedure. To some extent, that’s because it is familiar. Everyone wants brighter, whiter teeth, and the methods used for teeth whitening have become incredibly quick, easy, and effective. Your Kansas City dentist has in-office procedures and take-home trays to meet almost any need. Often, you can increase the whiteness of your teeth by as much as 10 shades in a single session!
- Cosmetic dentistry can change your life. While some people think of cosmetic dentistry as, well, purely cosmetic, the fact is that your smile has a big impact on your life. It affects how people see you and has an impact on the impression you make at work, when dating, in your social life, and much more. Our confidence in our smile also affects how we see ourselves.
- Cosmetic dentistry can also help prevent future problems. Cosmetic dentistry isn’t just about looking and feeling great; it can actually help to prevent dental problems such as tooth loss and malocclusion (an uneven bite when teeth are closed). Getting cosmetic dental work done now can prevent pain and suffering down the road.
- It can even help reduce tooth sensitivity! Because cosmetic veneers partially cover the tooth, they can provide protection against sugars, acids, hot and cold food or drink, or anything else that might cause pain to those suffering from sensitive teeth.
- The end result is a natural-looking smile. Today’s cosmetic dentistry has come a long way from the dentures, braces, and other procedures of yesteryear. If you come to a dentist in Kansas City for cosmetic dentistry, you’re almost certain to leave with a brighter, healthier smile that looks completely natural!
Cosmetic dentistry is both an art and a science, and a number of cosmetic dental treatments and procedures can help you to enhance your smile and feel more confident. Teeth whitening may be the most popular, but your Kansas City dentist also offers Invisalign clear aligners, dental veneers and implants, crowns, gummy smile reductions, tooth-colored fillings, and more! Whatever your cosmetic dental needs, there’s a solution that’s perfect for you!
Blacker Family Dental has been specializing in cosmetic dentistry—not to mention family dentistry, sleep apnea, and other dental procedures—for years! Call (816) 763-8400 or click here to schedule your appointment today!